Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy Birthday To Our Boyfriend...

Well today is my favorite person's birthday... that's right, folks- Big Rich turned 31 today! I met him when he was 23 and he has given me the best 7 years of my life!

We started the birthday weekend with a surprise for the birthday boy...a clean truck (thanks to Mile's Auto Spa)! Shaelyn Jade and I kidnapped his truck while he was at work and got it detailed...check out those shiny wheels! He loved it... let's just say Rich isn't that into keeping his truck cleaned out! :)

Our dear friend, Robin, kept Shaelyn Jade and we went out for a special "date night" - the classic dinner and a movie... dinner at his favorite restaurant (O'Charley's of all places!) and then to see Lovely Bones (SCARY!!!!). It was such a special date...just like we used to get to do all the time. Funny the things you take for granted that end up being so special...

Today, I told Rich we were gonna spend his day ANY WAY he wanted... and he said he just wanted to stay home and be together...and catch an England soccer game! Love my "home"boy! :) We did have a few visitors drop in to loan him a birthday hat and sing to him...

Tonight, Rich's favorite boys (and their girls...and our MANY kiddos) met @ Chuy's in Cool Springs for a fabulous birthday dinner. Wow that place is BUSY...and just in case you ever plan on taking a group of 26 there... BE SURE you go PLENTY early (as in...one hour early is NOT early enough!) :) Regardless of the wait, we hung out and really enjoyed our time together...and eventually did get a yummy dinner!

...some of Rich's closest friends...

And to end his special day, Rich enjoyed his favorite dessert--- Mrs. Sue's Chocolate Cake! Ms. Sue is our dear friend who owns Sue's Gyros in Franklin (next to Subway on 96). She and her precious (late) husband, Kimo, have been so good to us over the years and we always tell everyone we can to go eat there! Great food served from a big heart! I just stopped in for a salad yesterday and she INSISTED that I let her make him his birthday cake. He was so surprised and happy... and the whole crowd LOVED it! Everything she makes is fantastic!

We had a great couple days celebrating Rich's life...but I must say that every day with him in my life is so special. It has been the most incredible journey over the past 7 years. When I met him, he was an atheist. Today, he is a devoted follower of Jesus Christ and seeks, every day, to let His light and His love shine. He is the most kind person I have ever known... that's my favorite quality about him. But, really, there are so many things I love about him: his love for Jesus, his humor, his height,his love for soccer, his strength, his love for books, his compassion for the less fortunate, his heart for orphans, his adoration for his baby girl...and the way he has always made me feel like the MOST special girl in the world, just to name a few!

Rich, you know that you are the best thing that ever happened to me, and I love you with all of my heart. I am so THANKFUL that God gave me YOU to spend my life with...you surpass all of my wildest dreams! This past year has been amazing as I have watched you become the best Dad to our Shaelyn Jade.


I can't wait to celebrate the next 31 years together... "It's you and me, baby.... til the wheels fall off!!!" I love you.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how in the world y'all got out of there before we did! Hope it was a great one;-) b

    ReplyDelete