Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hidden Talents...

Have you ever wondered if there are hidden talents laying somewhere within you---- amazing, God-given abilities that you have yet to discover...that could dazzle, possibly change, the world??? Well that thought struck me tonight when I found the following youtube video. It's 8 minutes...but I promise it goes by so fast, and is well worth that time. I wondered, "How in the world did this girl discover this amazing, artistic ability within herself... with SAND???" I found myself focusing on a, "perhaps", undiscovered talent somewhere within when I remembered the parable of the talents in Matthew 25. Basically, a master entrusted 3 servants with different amounts of "talents". The first 2 servants went and increased their talents, and the master was pleased with their efforts when he returned. The third slave, however, went and buried his treasure. When the master returned he presented his one talent he was given back to his master, who was very angry...and banished him. I realized that it doesn't really matter what talents lay buried within me, undiscovered, if I am not making the most of the ones that I am SURE God has entrusted me with.

Friends, I desperately want to use my talent for painting for God's glory, and ask that, if you have a minute today, would pray for me? Sometimes I think I am waiting for the clouds to roll back and God's voice to thunder through creation for me, to confirm exactly how I am to use it...rather than trusting that the talent within me is confirmation enough. But really, I just think I am afraid to begin. Perhaps that third servant was just afraid, but it didn't really matter, in the end, WHY he didn't make the most of his talent, but just that he didn't. Pray that I would have courage to go out on a limb with the talents God has given me.

I would love to know what talents lie in each of you, my readers, that "perhaps" could be useful for God's kingdom...and I promise to pray for each of you, as well. Leave me a comment and let me know...and tell me what you think of this youtube video!!!


1 comment:

  1. OK...DANE....I JUST NEED TO FIND SOMEWHERE TO WRITE 'I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH SHAELYN JADE HAS CHANGED SINCE THE LAST TIME I SAW HER'!!! THE BIG PICTURE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR BLOG IS BEEEEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!
    I COULD EAT HER UP, FOR SURE!
    LOVE YOU,
    AUNT DEE :)

    p.s. We support EIGHT orphans over here in China! Wanna join our group?! We'd LOVE to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete