Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thought For Thursday...



Shaelyn Jade experienced her first rainbow today...it was beautiful, one of those rare ones that actually stretches across the entire sky where you can see the whole thing! My sweet neighbor, Mr. Joe, called me and said, "Dana, QUICK!!!...look out your back window at the rainbow!!"...and I did...and then I yelled for Rich to bring Shaelyn Jade to see...and then we wanted to call Livi and Dra so she didn't miss it. It's funny how a rainbow always draws a crowd- no matter how many times you see one, it is still special, still makes you stop, in awe...and that got me to thinking about WHY that is...

12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." ~Genesis 9:12-16

God, in His mercy, created the rainbow with the purpose of STOPPING US and REMINDING US...of this most important covenant between us and Him. How amazing that the God who told Noah to build an ark is the same God who talks to me each day...and the UNFAILING nature of his promises STILL stand today, for me and you, as they did for Noah. What a merciful God He is, and He reminds us of that with rainbows. How magnificent in color, how magnificent a promise! It was a special gift from God today...

No comments:

Post a Comment