Monday, March 15, 2010

Where Have I Been?

No, I didn't fall off the face of the blogging world...so WHERE HAVE I BEEN, you ask? Well, I have been doing the same ole things I always do, just not blogging about them! You see...last Monday, after my Cy and Colby Day...

...This girl came to do this at our house....



...and this other girl thought it was a perfect idea...and joined her! This girl is starting to pull up on EVERYTHING in sight, including the side of the bathtub...and her Mom likes to take pictures of her doing it!



...Trouble is, this girl isn't very stable, especially with wet hands...so about 5 SECONDS after the picture above was taken, this girl lost her balance and took her first "good" dive, all the way under, on her back...as Livi, Big Daddy Andrews, and I looked on! It wasn't 1 second after that- that I took my first "good" dive-in-after-her......with THIS still in hand...



...Needless to say, Big Daddy wasn't too thrilled with me. He said I reacted as if she'd fallen into a bottomless pool, not slipped under in her bath water. Regardless, she and I were soaked...I was happy my baby was alive, she was happy I SAVED HER LIFE :)...(Livi was quite traumatized as she almost drowned in all of my splashing around and jumping in the tub with them)...the only thing dead, of course...




...OR SO WE THOUGHT! Rich thought we may be able to salvage the memory card, so he hung it "out to dry" :) all week. I kept coming by, shaking it, hearing water, trying the battery...and nothing. Then yesterday, one last time, on the way to the trashcan, and ALIVE! She's ALIVE!!!



... So no more bathtimes with cameras on wrist...new house rules of Big Daddy Andrews, of course!...His accounting little self is happy with the rest of us, now... that we don't have to buy a new camera! :)

...and this is my happy face today, as I'm back to blogging! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment